Posting here because I got no responses in the Australia subreddit!
I am planning an Aussie honeymoon for Feb 2024 and have a bit of analysis paralysis due to how massive Australia is and how spread out the cities are. We will be 27F and 30M at the time of the trip.
We will have ~14 nights (maybe 15 or 16) and will fly into SYD from LAX. We love the outdoors and want to spend 50% of our time exploring/doing outdoorsy things and 50% of our time hanging on a beach/island or by a pool. Our preference would be to stay in luxury resorts or rentals for the entirety of our honeymoon.
I'm looking for advice on Australia's nicest beaches, resorts, day trips / excursions, cities, tours, etc. Thank you so much in advance! If helpful, I have included some notes on my research so far… if you can't tell, we want to stay on the East Coast for this trip.
- 3 nights in Sydney (Four Seasons?), includes day trip to Blue Mountains
- Fly to Brisbane
- 3 nights in Byron Bay (Elements of Byron?)
- 2 nights in / near Lamington Nat'l Park (Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat?)
- 2-3 nights in Noosa Heads / Sunshine Coast (Airbnb? Couldn't find a good hotel option)
- Fly to Hamilton Island
- 4 nights on Hamilton Island (Qualia), includes day trip to Whitehaven Beach / snorkeling GBR
It really kills me that the itinerary as it stands does not include Cairns. However, 3-4 domestic flights seems like way too much for a two week trip. Any thoughts there? Or compromises if we aren't able to get up there?