We're planning on getting married at the end of October (on Halloween!) and want a beach/tropical honeymoon. What we are looking for is:
- 2-ish weeks
- a flight less than 6-ish hours from the Dallas/Fort Worth area
- tropical/beach/laid back (I know this is on the tail end of hurricane season, so I want to take that into consideration as well if necessary)
- all-inclusive (not required, but would be nice)
- high quality restaurants/food
- not overly crowded (no kids or partiers), quiet (might be impossible if we want all-inclusive)
- there is some flexibility in the budget, but less than $10k
- small-town feel (I need places to explore rather than just sitting on the beach 24/7)
There's flexibility on all of those points. I know the Caribbean is at the top of our lists, but I know California might have some good options as well. We're very open to suggestions! Dunno if this place even exists that I described.
I'll be booking flights with points, not sure about the hotels/resorts just yet!