My fiance and I are getting married in April and are trying to plan a honeymoon for April 20-25th, but we are having a really difficult time due to Covid restrictions. Here is some background:
- I was initially looking in to Lake Tahoe but there are still a lot of restrictions on dining on the CA side and I'm worried that if we have a second surge from these variants then things will shut down again there. I'm not convinced there is enough to do on the Nevada side to keep us entertained.
- I started looking into Jackson Hole but I've read that a lot of things are closed in April there and none of the activities at Grand Teton will be available yet. I've been reading conflicting information on whether or not a trip in April is worth it.
- I looked in to Portland, Maine but indoor dining will be closed there until at least May.
- Both of us have already been to Colorado and Charleston, SC several times, so we don't want to go to either of those places again for our honeymoon.
- I'm going to Asheville at the end of March for a girls trip, so that option is also out.
- We are open to doing a beach vacation in Mexico or somewhere else in the Caribbean, but I find the idea of doing research for a trip there to be so overwhelming. There are so many cities and resorts just within Mexico and it makes my brain hurt just trying to figure out with city would be best for us
- Does anyone have other suggestions? Would Jackson Hole be worth it? What about Scottsdale or Sedona? We like nature, intermediate level hiking, museums, food, breweries, and bars.