Spain Itinerary/Booking Help!
My fiance and I are looking at planning our honeymoon in Spain this February. Looking for some advice/recommendations based on the proposed itinerary below.
Itinerary Day 1: Leave US for Madrid, 9 PM Flight
Day 2: Arrive in Madrid (afternoon)
Day 3: Madrid
Day 4: Madrid > Barcelona (train)
Day 5: Barcelona
Day 6: Barcelona
Day 7: Barcelona > Seville (flight?)
Day 8: Seville
Day 9: Seville
Day 10: Seville > Madrid (train)
Day 11: Early AM Flight to US
- While in Barcelona, we'd be interested in potentially doing a day trip to Montseratt or Sitges. Any advice on choosing one of these? Or skipping and just spending the time in Barcelona?
- Thinking we could maybe spend most of day 10 in Toledo, and then will be getting a hotel near the airport for our flight in the AM
- I'm fine with switching up the order, but we will be flying into and out of Madrid.
Booking Questions I may make another post for these questions specifically, but thought I'd include here incase anyone had insight. We're planning to book through Priceline as you can package flights and hotels in multiple cities for a great deal. I've tried price matching elsewhere and nothing else really comes close. For the above itinerary, with flights and accomodations it would be ~ $1900 (800/pp). Hotels are a mix of 4-star hotels and apartments (w/ kitchenettes) in ideal locations of each city.
- Anyone have experience with Priceline booking, especially for a trip like this? I've only used them before for hotels closer to home
- I've read that a lot of people recommend booking direct VS through a site similar to priceline… is it worth it if the price is right?
TIA for any insight! Any general advice for travel in Spain welcome as well 🙂